Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014

I googled a young man once

 it was my VERY FIRST SALE on Ebay. My PS3 game system. A 230 dollar sale.
Before it even arrived to him, he was sending me freaked out messages saying "You're the one who sends
people boxes of rocks in place of their item", and all sorts of other rediculous things that didn't make any sense.
I was sure he was trying to get ready to for a scam. Either a switcheroo, or something close to the effect.

So, I googled the guy. Found out he had a criminal background in theft, recently had been charged
for assaulting a police officer, stealing over 3 thousand dollars worth of merchandise somewhere,
and other things.. I immediately called Ebay, reported it. Next step? I messaged him and let him know
I had let Ebay know of his background, and if my PS3 was harmed or switched, he would pay the price..
We fought for about a week. I finally called him up on the phone to have a rational discussion with him
the day his PS3 showed delivered.. I kindly asked in a sweet girly voice, "Hi, so how's it working out? Does it work well?
Are you enjoying it"... He reluctantly said after a long pause.. "yes....." in a very quiet voice.. It was hilarious
I knew I had him pinned. He was definitely getting ready to pull a huge scam, I could feel it. And he was
targetting me because I had almost on feedback and was newer seller. The end of the story is that
he actually left positive feedback three months later and didn't even ding me on my stars. Oh, and
I forgot to mention that he hijacked some one's EBAY account to try to pull off this scam, and I was able
to prove it. So I kept it a 'between you and me thing, I know this..'.. I was just grateful my Ps3 wasn't ruined
or returend to me a wreck or swtiched out.

Basically the moral of the story: It pays to google your buyer if they're already pulling
lies on you.A few weeks back I received a message from a buyer:

I keep trying to pay for this sticker and it is not letting me an money is comming off of my account what is happening

Immediately, this sets off my spider-sense. :smileyhappy:

Is it the misspellings? The lack of punctuation? I don't know. Anyway, I reply that I don't know why he is unable to pay and that he should really take this up with PayPal. A few days later, I get this message:

I am going to buy a sticker off of u i found the problem

Again, this made me feel quite uneasy. So the item is paid for and I ship the same day. As I do with every sale, I immediately send a message the item has been shipped and to please allow 6-9 business days for the item to arrive since it's being shipped from the Netherlands (Europe) as stated in the item description.

Two days later, I receive this message:

When shall my sticker come in

I send him a reply basically repeating politely what I said in my shipping confirmation message. I get no response to that.

Four days after I sent the item, he apparently received it because I get this message:

Sticker has came in but it will not stick im very dissapointed about this the sticky part of the sticker is not sticky

Oh boy, here we go... Just a small side note. The only way to get these stickers to not stick, is to set them on fire. Seriously. These stickers will stick to anything.

Minutes later I get this message:

The sticker will not stick one bit the sticky part is not sticky this is a huge dissapointment

And the next day I get his message:

Thisbis rediciouls i have wasted 20 dollars for something that did not stick i would like a refund

Twenty dollars? It was only $12 including shipping. Anyway, I sent him a message saying I would refund him of course and that I was so very sorry the sticker didn't stick. I also told him I was very surprised to hear about these problems and if he would be willing to help me figure out what is wrong with his sticker. But I'm guessing I won't be hearing from him again after he has received the refund.

I'm just hoping he isn't going to slap me with my first negative feedback ever. He doesn't have much feedback himself (only 6).

Anyway, I know you shouldn't stereotype people based on the way they communicate through written messages, but I did (sorry!) and apparently my gut feelings were right.

I'm tempted to "Google" his information to find out if he has a habit of "doing business" this way. But that's not done, is it? Is it?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen