Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014

vintage I don't play well with my other playmates in the sandbox when a problem they created arises

Yes the item was shipped via PM & includes enough automatic insurance to cover the loss, the vase was not switched out, I am sure it is the same vase.  The buyer was just very picky, it had a tiny bit of dirt in the bottom which would have washed out in an instant (I should have one so) & there was an underglaze production boo-boo which I failed to note, these things are so minor that the vase was clearly resellable, this is a vintage 1940's vase, easy to find production errors.  Doesn't matter now, the real damage was done when the vase was returned.   I do not want to issue a refund until she has filed an insurance claim but only have 3 days and it will be done for me.  Just not sure what to do.On the current form I am seeing in the Resolution Center there seems to be no way for a seller to send another message regarding the open case.  I have notified the Buyer and filled out the "Report Buyer" form, hopefully it will get coordinated with the case prior to eBay closing the case and refunding the money to the buyer.  I will call them early in the am and try to inform them of this problem.  As it stands now, the buyer will get automatically refunded from my account in 3 days & can then obtain a refund for USPS also.  Buyer will be DOUBLE REWARDED and SELLER will be DOUBLE PUNISHED.  There should be a better way to handle this, but don't know how. Unexpected Consequenses to eBay's trying to have a "one-size fits all" policy again!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen