Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014

I need fewer hassles in my life, not more

 eBay wants to screw with me, so fine.  I've decided to limit myself to only the few listings that I know sell regularly.  They want to limit me to 45 listings per month.  I'm limiting myself to 5 listings per month.  Why should I give my hard earned money to a company that doesn't feel like they have to earn it.

One thing is certain, I do a much better job of taking care of my customers than eBay does.  I really wish the sellers could organize a boycott eBay month.It's already happening.  The vintage categories are pale shadows of what they have been because those sellers have wised up and moved to another site that has cheaper fees, a level playing field for sellers, better quality of buyers and a much better policy set up that doesn't change evey couple of months to go out of it's way to punish sellers.

And don't think that ebay hasn't noticed that the other site has gone from little alt site to one of the top 10 selling sites on the net.  I pump most of my payments from sales there through paypal so ebay can clearly see just how much money they could have been making if they had treated me better.Sarcasim, huh? Bottom line is that there are other things more important in life. I listed, in the past, as many as 400 items (most sold) every month. Not a monster account but substantial. Over the years, I've found myself jumping through more and more eBay hoops and the profit going down and down.
 A month ago, I got a "wake-up call" when my wife had a heart attack ( She's doing fine now thanks to fast Cardio Surgery but ladies, the TV ads are true: there was NO warning!) but when I weighed all the aggravation that eBay, the Postal Service AND some buyers who are just this side of idiots, and all of a sudden it doesn't matter anymore.
 I'm in the process of liquidating my inventory and USAirways, United Airlines and Hilton will be getting more of my time, $$$, and attention.
 Our personal episode showed me that this just isn't worth the nightmares anymore, and OP, I feel your frustration. Good luck to you all.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen