Dienstag, 6. Mai 2014

Starfish Paper Prints Craft Punch Scrap Booking 1.5cm

Making A Mini Sand Dollar Using A Mini Starfish Punch
This punch outs from this mini punch, at approximately ¼”, are too small for me to use. I could not use them in the sea bottom medallions I am making and I thought the punch would be worthless to me.

But when looking at the cardstock I punched the starfish punch from it occurred to me that I could use the "negative space" from the punch. .

A "negative space" punch or "reverse" punch is the "hole" left behind when you punch a shape out of cardstock or scrapbook paper.  .

To use the "negative space" you will need a circle, square, cameo, etc. that is just a little bit larger than the "negative space". I used a 1/2" circle punch to make these mini sand dollars.

Back the "reverse punch" cut out with a punch in the same style as the "negative space" punch.  Use a contrasting color. This makes them stand out.

On some of the final sand dollars I tried using a star punch to make the little indentations that occur on a real sand dollar.  It takes great patience and lots of practice to do this.  I'd be a good option if you are just making a couple but to do a large number it would be too difficult.

So a punch that was a bust when I got it turned out to be one of my favorite punches!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen