Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014

Last month I had an item listed on Ebay Motors with a "Buy it now" option

Someone (with only 2 feedback points) decided it would be a great idea to hit the "Buy it now" button and not pay. I contacted the "buyer" through e-mail and telphone. E-mails weren't responded to and when I got him on the phone he hung up on me as soon as I mentioned who I was and why I was calling. So I went through the procedure to open a case only to have the "buyer" (not surprisingly) not respond. Ebay automatically closed the case and the "buyer" allegedly got a strike.

Here's the problem, Ebay still charged me a selling fee of $32.55. When I brought this to the attention of Ebay customer support, the representitive I spoke to claimed that I "voluntarily" made the payment! Which is absolutely not true! When I told him that he said that my account may have been hacked? That sounded very bizarre to me since I've had no unusual activity on my account, and why would someone "hack" my account to pay Ebay?

After spending hours on the phone, (yes hours) to try and resolve this matter, all Ebay could do is "put in a request for a refund".
It's been weeks since I've brought this to the attention of Ebay Customer Support, and still no money back in my account or a response from Ebay regarding the situation.

Situations like these really never want to make me sell on Ebay, even as a last resort.

Has any seller besides me encountered a similar issue? If so what was done to get your money back?Let me rephrase, I did close the case and from there Ebay automatically takes further action. This isn't the first time I had to deal with a non-paying member.

Here is text from the e-mail I got from Ebay after I closed the case.

"You've received a final value fee credit. Also, an unpaid item has been recorded on the buyer's account."

I sure as heck didn't let anything go here! Let's just say, if I did open the case and in your words "let it go", (which again I did not)  that shouldn't justify me not being refunded for something I never sold anyway, that's unethical.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen