Montag, 12. Mai 2014

I gave up using the Forum page years ago because of the glitches

This has happened a few times before.


Today it happened bigtime.


Sometimes I will leave feedback for a transaction and I come back two weeks later and the feedback is back in the Feedback Forum queue as though the feedback were never left in the first place.


Today, I open the Feedback Forum queue and a huge number of feedbacks from the middle of MARCH (two months ago) are back in the queue. I know I left feedback for those transactions because I do them by date, from oldest first and all of March was finished some time ago.


But there they are... again


So I try leaving feedback a second time and then I get this error message (not surprising) for 3 out of the 20 transactions.



FeedbackForum.jpg


This tends to happen when the queue is long. I often wonder if the programmers are lazy and only test the software on a small number of transactions even though there are thousands of sellers on eBay who do volume transactions and thus they never see (or fix) the bugs that happen when there's a larger number of purchases, or a larger number of feedbacks.There's one item that I particularly remember because it's a handpainted unique collectible.

I left feedback for it quite a while ago through the Feedback Forum queue.

A couple of weeks later, I noticed the feedback didn't "take" and so this time I tried to leave it through the Sold list feedback utility (the one that permits random feedbacks).

A couple of days later I notice it still didn't take, so then I left it again in the Feedback Forum queue.



It doesn't happen when there are only a few in the queue, but I sometimes get several days in a row when I have between 40 and 60 orders in a day and THEN the feedback simply breaks—as many as a third of the feedbacks will show up again in the queue two or three weeks later.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen