Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2014

Chinese horsebow.....

Chinese horsebow
I just received a Chinese made horsebow.  Good reviews and excellent pictures caused me to go with the $119 purchase.  I own two other horsebows.....a Kassai from Hungary and a Arctus also from Hungary.  
The Chinese bow looked very acceptable for the price upon receipt.  The siyah, however, appeared fairly thin/ small, poorly finished and it worried me.  It was a good premonition......the wood beneath one of the siyah cracked on the first use.  I am sure you can find a good Chinese bow but beware.  It took it three weeks to get here so even if the seller stands behind it, it will take 3 weeks to return it and 3 more weeks for a replacement all for a bow that would still be of the same questionable quality.   I have emailed the seller and will update this post as to resolution of the problem.  This confirms to me that you get what you pay for.
Save your funds and buy a quality, Grozer, Kassai or Arctus out of Europe.  The Hungarian bows are 3 to 5 times the cost, but the difference in quality is worth the extra cost.  The Chinese bow has the feel of being made to sell on ebay.  The Hungarian bows are the work of craftsmen...artists in the craft who take pride in their work and in the history of their bows. Just my 2 cents.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen