Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014

I’d love to see someone make them prove that statement.

The statement is true in some categories.  It depends on what you are selling and how expensive you are listing it.  Right now I have a very nice vintage piece and from what I have seen it will do well as an auction.  So i could list it as FP for $250 and the odds are good that no one will buy it.  But if I listed it as auctio with a start price of $24.99, I can guarantee you that it will get bids and sell, for close to the $250 I'd like to get..

I think that ebay has realized that because of their fee gouging most of the FP listings are overpriced and that buyers are passing them by.  But buyers looking for bargains are starting to go for auction listings rather than the FP ones.

I looked at the differences between Fixed Price and auction back when ebay was pushing FP on sellers like it was the greatest thing since toilet paper.

For the stuff I sell on ebay now, used newer style clothing, FP is perfect for that.  The buyers in that genre want it now, are impatient, impulsive and so BIN is the way to go.  An auction means that they see it, put in a bid and when they see that they have to wait to see if they won, they move on.  Most have forgotten, or bought another by the time the listing is over.

For my vintage stuff, the regular buyers in that genre think about waht it is, whether it will fit, read the listing, compare with others like it, ect.  Auction is great for them because while they may want it now, they are willing to wait to get what they want.  So in the vintage cats, regular buyers of that genre will bid and buy at auction.

Unfortunately ebay ran off most of those buyers by running off the sellers in that genre.  And ebay would place vintage listings in search results for buyers that are looking for mall new and of course the impulse FP buyers would have problems with the vintage item.  Yes it was cute, but it didn't fit, was the wrong color, the style isn't want I wanted, ect, ect, so smart sellers either left ebay entirely or their vintage stuff left ebay and they sold something different on ebay.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen