Freitag, 9. Mai 2014

How To Apply False Nails

 I have extremely short nails and I've heard too many horror stories to have them done professionally, which is why I've turned to press-on nails. They're so much easier to deal with, and if they break all you have to do is either put the nail back on or replace it and it's definitely not as painful as breaking an acrylic.

First, find a design you like and make sure your nails are clean. If you have any polish on them, the adhesive on the back of the nails will adhere to that instead of your nail, therefore not lasting as long.

Second, sort through the false nails and match each of them to your nails. You can trim them if you'd like them to be shorter, just be careful with this. It is easy to mess up and you only have so many of each size.

Next, pull the adhesive backing off the nail if there is one. Some press-ons don't have this. If not, skip this part =)  Don't pull the backing off until your ready to apply that nail. I always start with my pinky first, then work my way up to my thumbs.  Peel the backing off, line up the rounded edge with your cuticle and make sure it's straight. Once you have the nail lined up, go ahead and press down. I always hold it for a few seconds before I move on. Continue this until all 10 fingers are done.

Final step. Press on each nail one more time just to insure that all nails are firmly in place. They should last between one and two weeks, depending on what you do.

Press On Nails by KleanColor

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen